Re: new debootstrap NMU for testing

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 04:58:16PM +0100, Richard Hirst wrote:
> I just built cvs b-f with this new debootstrap on ia64, and
> it has given me a warning dialog "Failure while required".

in_target_msg () {
  local msg="$1"
  shift
  if ! eval chroot "$TARGET" "$@"; then
    warning "Failure while $1"
    return 1
  fi
  return 0
}

I guess that should be "Failure while $msg" really.  I now get

Selecting previously deselected package debconf.
(Reading database ... 2255 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking debconf (from .../debconf_1.0.15_all.deb) ...
dpkg: debconf: dependency problems, but configuring anyway as you request:
 debconf depends on fileutils (>= 4.0-5); however:
  Package fileutils is not installed.
Setting up debconf (1.0.15) ...

I: Unpacking required packages
chroot: cannot execute required: No such file or directory
W: Failure while unpacking
chroot: cannot execute required: No such file or directory
W: Failure while unpacking
chroot: cannot execute required: No such file or directory
W: Failure while unpacking
chroot: cannot execute required: No such file or directory
W: Failure while unpacking
chroot: cannot execute required: No such file or directory
W: Failure while unpacking

Hah, make in_target_msg() do 'echo $*', and it shows

unpacking required packages. This will be attempted 5 times. dpkg --force-depends --unpack /var/cache/apt/archives/base-files_2.2.13_ia64.deb ......

So I guess we have a quoting problem somewhere

Richard