Re: s390-base-installation failure

Simon Fischer <pescador@muenster.de> writes:

> hello,
>
> As I'm new to this list a shortly introduction of myself:
> I'm working with Linux for S/390 for over 1 1/2 years now (at an IBM-Business
> Partner in Germany) and would like very much to try the debian-port but I was
> not able to get it installed yet:
>
> I tried to install the debian s390 port with the 3.0.15 bootfloppies on a
> G3-Processor Machine with an OSA2 (with added IBM-lcs-oco-modules) and the
> base-installation of dbootstrap exits with
>
> Failure trying to run: chroot /target mount -t proc proc /proc

Ok, this is a known problem in debootstrap which I believe I've fixed
for the next version.  You can work around it manually.  Before you do
the "install base system", on tty2, do 'umount /target/proc'

> On my 3270-emulation I got :

> # illegal operation: 0001
> CPU:    0
> Process mount (pid: 2787, stackpage=05BAD000)

That looks like a kernel barf spit out due to the bad attempt to mount
/target/proc twice.  Wierd you would get this but maybe it's normal
kernel debugging spam on s390.