Re: [d-i] partkit vs autopartkit

Le Sat, Oct 20, 2001 at 01:06:38PM -0400, Joey Hess écrivait:
> 	1. Identifying available media, and deciding which to use.
> 	2. Identifying existing partitions, and deciding what to do with
> 	   them (delete them, keep them unchanged, resize them).
> 	3. Deciding how many partitions of what sizes and layouts and types
> 	   to make.
> 	4. Creating (deleting, resizing) partitions.
> 	5. Deciding where to mount all the partitions.
> 	6. Formatting and initializing filesystems (and swap space).
> 	7. Mounting partitions in /target (and swapon swap partitions)
> 	8. Writing fstab.

It is my understanding that 1-4 and 6 should be in a same meta-step at
least. This meta-step could give hints about the partition/mount point
mapping.

	  Choice of		    # may be automatic
      partitionning tool

    /--------/|\---------\   /-> Provide hints for mount points
    |         |          |  /
 Manual    Cfdisk     Automatic	    # partitionning
    |         |          |
 Choice    mke2fs     Automatic	    # formatting/initializing
of fstype     |          |

	 Mount points <---- use hints stored before
	   choices		    # mounting/swapping

         Write fstab