Re: mount_partition() and filesystem types

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 04:36:14PM +1300, Mark van Walraven wrote:

> If busybox pays attention to the superblock magic, the chance of calling
> mount(2) with the wrong filesystem should be very low.  Beyond that, the
> kernels on offical Debian boot-floppies should also be a known factor.

official debian boot-floppies for powerpc include some very broken
filesystems compiled in: hfs.  i don't trust it, i don't want it ever
tried for a real (*nix) partition, ever.

the only way i would be comfortable with using -t auto is if b-f has
control over what filesystems are tried, something like
mount -t ext3,ext2,xfs,reiserfs

where only those are tried in sequence.

but for right now my current code in dbootstrap is the ONLY safe and
sane solution.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/