Re: boot-floppies broken with inconsistencies between "base" and "debootstrap"

On Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 07:59:26PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> Richard Hirst <rhirst@linuxcare.com> immo vero scripsit
>
> > > There is an inconsistency in what needs to be in base, and what debootstrap
> > > pulls in, since yesterday, when ppp which require libpcap0 have entered testing.
> >
> > Bug #114056 filed a couple of weeks ago.
>
> If no one is intending to do anything on it, I will do an NMU.
> It seems like a very trivial fix.

I think i may look at fixing some of the other serious bugs in
debootstrap, such as its neglecting to unmount /proc and such
resulting in broken fstab generation, and maybe this mount proc
problem.

NMUing to fix only this dependency thing may or may not be all that
useful given the other brokeness.  (and it won't help 3.0.14
boot-floppies anyway).

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/