debian-installer to become part of boot-floppies package ?

Is debian-installer going to be incorporated into the boot-floppies packages
essentially as a replacement for dbootstrap ?

So if I wan't to play around with it, do I just take
the boot-floppies package, remove dbootstrap and insert debian-installer ?

Mos tof the debian-installer code hasn't been touched for like 7 months
apparently.  At least when looking at cvs.debian.org.
Is there anything fresher to work with anywhere ?

Thanks,
Peter