Fixed in NMU of boot-floppies 3.0.14
tag 106201 + fixed
tag 107598 + fixed
tag 108103 + fixed
tag 109925 + fixed
tag 110255 + fixed
tag 110710 + fixed
tag 112569 + fixed
tag 84388 + fixed
This message was generated automatically in response to a
non-maintainer upload. The .changes file follows.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 15:50:41 -0400
Binary: boot-floppies install-doc
Architecture: source mipsel all
Maintainer: Debian Install System Team <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Changed-By: Martin Schulze <email@example.com>
boot-floppies - Scripts to create the Debian installation system
install-doc - Documentation for Debian installation and release notes
Closes: 84388 106201 107598 108103 109925 110255 110710 112569
boot-floppies (3.0.14) unstable; urgency=low
* Stefan Gybas
- use kernel 2.4.7 on s390
- tweaked contents of s390 initrd
- ignore devfs partitons in libfdisk
* Gerhard Tonn
- add support for IBM partition table on s390
- add support for rescue disk
- .tar-place-holder file added
- use kernel/modules 2.4.7 on s390
- special inittab.install for s390 added
* David Kimdon
- add clearer instructions for driver-# floppies from
Bernie Boudet <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- 2 Danish translation updates thanks to
Claus Hindsgaul <email@example.com>
- update url of PC Hardware FAQ; closes: #110255
- make tftpboot images for i386; closes: #108103
- fix missing fdisk.txt; closes: #107598
- document 'Report a Problem' menu choice
- Policy: do debug mode if DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS says so
* Phil Blundell
- use glibc 2.2.4 for arm
- bump RiscPC root disks to 4200 blocks, and netwinder to 4000,
so modules and i18n support will fit
- include adfs.o and floppy.o on arm root disks; actually try to
load the SCSI modules added back in 3.0.8
- detect revision J/K SA-110 chips; if found, advise the user
that trouble may lie ahead
- try to stop `images-2.88' popping up in the arm files list
- arm 2.4.5 kernel doesn't seem too stable; drop back to 2.2.19
for netwinder and riscpc (shark is only supported in 2.4)
- try to make arm builds work with USE_LANGUAGE_CHOOSER
* Eduard Bloch:
- reformated German boot message to fit on 80x25
- German translation updates
- started building udma100-ext3 flavor on i386, ext3 autodetection
- user query about ReiserFS v2, fs selection fixes
- updated copyright year in the f10.txt files; closes: #110710
- integrated testing parted option on i386_udma-100 flavor.
* Christian T. Steigies
- m68k: add arch specific posttask to make amiboot and dmesg executable
* Ethan Benson
- Make build fail if rootimage is larger then the floppy image.
- Redesign filesystem creation/mounting to cleanly, and dynamically
support multiple filesystems, redo the ext3/reiserfs code.
Now dbootstrap will offer a menubox list of supported filesystems.
A filesystem is offered as a choice when both a) the running kernel
supports it, and b) there is a mkfs for that filesystem. If only Ext2
is supported the behavior is exactly as its always been.
- Add is_filesystem_supported() function to util.c.
- Add XFS filesystem support.
- Fix partition mounting so it works properly again.
- Remove bogus and non-existent reiserfs partition type, reiserfs is
not, and should not get its own partition type, it should use the
"Linux Native" partition types that already exist on most/all
architectures. The redesigned mounting code does this.
- Redo fstab generation to work properly with multiple filesystems.
- Moved is_fstype() function out of baseconfig.c and into util.c. Its
useful elsewhere (now also used in bootconfig.c).
- Quik setup aborts if root partition is not ext2.
- Eliminate ioctl messages that were spewed all over the screen
during kernel installation. (perror() -> ERRMSG() don't use
perror() in boot-floppies!)
- Check for parted correctly.
- Remove ddisk and cfdisk from pmac root floppy, we don't need them and
there is not sufficient space.
* Richard Hirst
- redirect info output from downloadpkg() to stderr, so offline_mode=true
- ia64 now uses kernel 2.4.9 and libc 2.2.4
- hppa now uses kernel 2.4.9
- ia64 now uses compressed kernels
- hppa: move vmlinux symlink in to /boot for palo
- ia64 and hppa: add a kernel-choice section to docs
- ia64 now uses mckinley-smp kernel
- ia64: add efi/boot/bootia64.efi to rescue.bin
- hppa: add warning about 2GB limit for /boot to PALO screen.
* Adam Di Carlo:
- only include reiserprogs stuff on the reiserfs flavor; this may help
with the 1.2MB images
- fix minor SGML build issues
- integrate and rework patch from Samy PERSEHAIE, now you can set
KBD in config when you build, and that still will be suppressed
during installation; obviously, that is turned off by default
- also from Samy PERSEHAIE, French listed as a Latin-1 language
- similarly, Rüdiger Kuhlmann pointed out German should be there too;
I'm sure there are many more, I wish someone would just do a full
pass over that...; closes: #112569
- synchronize, for all architectures, the keymaps we ship and the
keymaps used by dbootstrap; closes: #84388, #109925
* Chris Tillman
- numerous documentation fixes and updates
* Marcin Owsiany
- various language chooser fixes; this is reputed to work now,
although the on-screen fonts are scrambled
2498b555216e338627e0141cf37ecebe 847 byhand - bf-archive-install_3.0.14_mipsel.sh
a4786a4a4b8be41ccbeee0e12577a2f3 3575660 byhand - bf-common_3.0.14_mipsel.tar.gz
8c34caffeba2c4429ec20281c2936abe 3784754 byhand - bf-doc_3.0.14_mipsel.tar.gz
33a424fa9f3a53d8cad33b95327d971c 6018003 byhand - bf-r4k-kn04_3.0.14_mipsel.tar.gz
7056b6c83c6f4e7c35a363a25e0343c4 3894816 doc extra install-doc_3.0.14_mipsel.deb
dc467a76ab188c218d8c25a2ecde0ae7 3653952 byhand - setupkernel-r4k-kn04-3.0.14
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: For info see http://www.gnupg.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----