Re: 3.0.14 Rules!

> On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 10:45:39PM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
>>
> staring at it for a couple seconds should also result in quik booting
> that by default no?

No, it looks like this when booting without the boot-file variable:

Second-stage QUIK loader
Debian GNU/Linux PowerPC (woody)boot:
Enter the kernel image name as [device:][partno]/path, where partno is a
number from 0 to 16. Instead of path you can type [mm-nn] to specify a
range of disk blocks (512B)
boot:

At this point I can type Linux and it boots. Or I can wait for more than 15
minutes and it just waits back.

> that message is already long enough as it is

I agree, long and frightening -- but essential info.

> boot-file overrides quik.conf, if you need it then something is wrong
> with the quik.conf that we are generating and that should be fixed.

I'm thinking if there was something wrong with the quik.conf it wouldn't
work by typing Linux either? -- since that's where the label 'Linux' is
defined.

|  .''`.  |   Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org>          |
| : :'  : |   debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>  |
| `. `'`  |           Chris Tillman                              |
|   `-    |           tillman@azstarnet.com                      |