Re: busybox config.h

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 08:04:01PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Ethan Benson <erbenson@alaska.net> writes:
>
> > here is snippets of the current diff between my local busybox Config.h
> > and the one in -4
>
> Is this a reverse patch?  Confused...

no /usr/src/Config.h-deb is my version.

a + indicates the current status in the busybox package on erik's page.

> > +#define BB_FREE
> >
> > why do we need free?
>
> When people run out of disk space, to run in tty2.

um maybe your forgetting what free does:

eb@plato ~$ free
             total       used       free     shared    buffers cached
Mem:        127608     124432       3176      45744      27588 38836
-/+ buffers/cache:      58008      69600
Swap:        98744      46124      52620

nothing to do with disk space.  if they run out of memory they won't
be able to run free anyway (go try it if you don't believe me)

df is useful (and in fact needed by powerpc make bootable scripts) but
du is not.

> > -#define BB_GZIP
> > +//#define BB_GZIP
> >
> > report a problem currently needs this, but i don't see any real need
> > to gzip it, the tarball created by it is rather small anyway...
>
> Even so, we want gzip on the root filesystem.

ok as you see i had left it on in my patch.