Re: Install From Floppy and CD-ROM

It is an IDE drive.  I didn't see any evidence of the drive in the boot messages.  I also tried an old Red Hat boot disk and I *did* see a message about ide0, which I presume is the CD-ROM drive.

1. What should I try so that the kernel can detect my CD-ROM drive?
2. Otherwise, can I install this old copy of Red Hat, then install Debian (potato) in its place, and, if so, how?

Thanks again for your help,

  -Daniel