Re: debootstrap breaks with libc6.1 2.2.4-2 postinst

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 06:17:30PM +0100, Richard Hirst wrote:
>                         init_proc=`readlink /proc/1/exe`;

> so sysvinitver is null.  It then goes on to try and do the readlink and
> that fails, meaning the postinst exits with code 1 and debootstrap gives
> up.

> The "Black magic" comment is new too.
> So, do we blame libc6.1 and get that fixed, or do we work round this in
> debootstrap?  chmod -x /target/bin/readlink before the x_core_install and
> +x afterwards might do, I guess.

Erm, if readlink was chmod -x, that'd still give an error and abort the
postinst, no?

If this really breaks, then   init_proc=`readlink /proc/1/exe || true`
would seem to be the fix, no?

Cheers,
aj

 ``Freedom itself was attacked this morning by faceless cowards.
     And freedom will be defended.''   Condolences to all involved.