Re: mklibs.py, unresolved symbol

Ethan Benson <erbenson@alaska.net> writes:

> On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 05:25:56PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> >
> > Ethan, I was finding other problems with mklibs.py on powerpc, to wit,
> > ld-linux.so.2 was used in a non-portable way.  To get it to work on
> > PowerPC, I had to use this patch.
>
> i patched it in two places where i found the i386ism ld-linux.so.2 and
> changed it to ld.so.1 (which is what powerpc uses).  it still doesn't
> work on chrp or pmac, only apus for some reason.  all the others it
> just goes on forever with one unresolved symbol.

Can you send along the patch?

I was able to build fine (only patching in one place) so I'm getting
really confused.  It must be a difference between your build
environment and mine. I wonder if mklibs.py is especially sensitive to
your chroot (to wit, the libc which is loaded in memory) but that
would seem unspeakably bizarre.