Installation problem with ATI 128 video card

Hello

I recently tried to install the potato distribution from the set of CD.
Unfortunately it happens that I own an ATI Rage 128 video card, which
was not detected by the installation program. Therefore I currently can
only run text mode. I had already experienced this problem with a RedHat
6.0 distribution, and it had only been solved by the fitting X server
that I could find in a magazine. I'm afraid I am not fluent enought in
Debian APT packaging system, to install the good things in X environment
and then just replace one file by my server. Too bad... Well, instead of
this track, I tried to follow another one, based on the frame-buffering
: and there is an option relative to ATI 128 card !!! You can easily
imagine my happyness... until it appeared that the kernel compilation
had failed, because of a missing soucrce... which was precisely the one
called aty128.c :)

Do you think ther can be a solution to my problem ? or must I throw my
video card away :(

Thanks by advance

--
<| Bernard Brémond                | BB for short                   |>
<| CENA  Division CEC (site ENAC) | Bernard.Bremond@tls.cena.fr    |>