kernel panic at boot time on 2.2r3

	Hi,
	We have a HP Vectra with a pentium 133 and 2 hard disk drives.
	The second one is a Maxtor of 17Gb.
	I had to install the EZ Bios from Maxtor for this secondary drive to
be
recognized fully, and it worked well with debian 2.1, and then with debian
2.2.
	After some electrical troubles, the system was corrupted. We decided
install debian 2.2r3 from the CD, overriding the previous installation.
	Halas, the boot crashes after identifying the hard disks. Kernel
Panic.
	We tried to boot on the CD 2, same result.
	We noticed that the text showing the execution of the EZ-Bios
(between the motherboard bios and the boot) does not appear when booting
from this CD.

	Is there any known trouble of compatibility between the 2.2r3 boot
CD and
this hardware configuration ?
	What should/can I do ?

PS : I'm not yet on the mailing list