Re: PLIP install (was Re: Still no base tarball)

> I'm curious.  Does PLIP work in the woody boot-floppies?

Well, last time I tried it needed to make some steps by hand.

> Are there things we could do to make installation via PLIP network
> easier?

Yes, if it has not been corrected still, make a plip device configurable
under the normal installation proccess.

Setting up a plip interface differs a bit on a normal network interface
because it is a point to point interface, thus with a /32 netmask. Last time
I tried to set up one with the installation setup it couldn't handle it
well.

If I have time, remember, and nobody else does it before I do it, I'll try
to look at the status of this again with current release of the BF.

Regards...
--
Manty/BestiaTester -> http://manty.net