Re: Still no base tarball

On Sat, 18 Aug 2001, Anthony Towns wrote:

> > > Dunno.
> > You don't know how your installer sofware works? Boy do I feel secure...
>
> Oh take a frigging pill. debootstrap gets a full path to the tarball
> from boot-floppies. How the boot-floppies choose that path is up to them.

Well, thank you very much!!!

Why didn't you simply say this in the first place instead of being so GD
defensive?

> > > -boot guys?
> > -boot guys hell!!!
> > The boot floppies do not install the base system, the installer does.
>
> Yeah. Real productive. Geez.

I agree. It is "real productive" to pass responsibility back and forth
between you and the BF team...

> Thanks for cc'ing to -devel. Can't be a real flamewar without that,
> can it?

"Just the fax mam."

I have been trying to gain the information you just provided from our very
first interaction. You have objected to doing technical support for the
inatllation item many of our new installs will need. When I continued
having problems obtaining necessary information, it seemed reasonable to
ask a wider audience.

I find it very unsatisfying that our release manager thinks that technical
inquery is flame war fodder.

Dwarf
--
_-_-_-_-_-   Author of "Dwarf's Guide to Debian GNU/Linux"  _-_-_-_-_-_-