Re: [debian-installer] Full CDROM install

Le Sat, Aug 11, 2001 at 08:58:14PM -0400, Joey Hess écrivait:
> > strip -R .comment -R .note, it saves about 500k on the scsi directory.
> > (eventually I heard that compiling them with -Os could help too but that'd
> > need more work for you Herbert)
>
> Wow! We need this.
>
> Is this done on the boot-floppies kernel modules BTW? Saving the space
> is likely to be very useful over there too.

In fact, i was *really* wrong. I answered myself somewhere else in this
thread since I stripped far too much to have working modules. :(

The strip that we can afford is strip -R. comment -R .note -x but
it saves a lot less.

Cheers,
Le bouche à oreille du Net : http://www.beetell.com
Naviguer sans se fatiguer à chercher : http://www.deenoo.com