Re: Still no base tarball

On Sat, 18 Aug 2001, Ethan Benson wrote:

> so the basedebs.tgz file should NOT be present on offcial Debian CDs,

As sombody else pointed out, this might not be a good idea, as:

> reasons a hard disk install might be desired are:
>
> * lack of CDs
> * lack of CDROM
> * lack of decent network connection (read the connection requires junk
>   like ppp or pppoe)

  * lack of CDROM on a specific computer, but that is connected to an
computer with CDROM
  * computer, that has CD but this CD is not supported by Linux.

I think in this situations an hard-disk install should be possible only
with an CD. (And though the CD should IMHO contain this base tgz).

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link