Re: adding aacraid support for i386 bf

Fabrice LORRAIN <Fabrice.Lorrain@univ-mlv.fr> writes:

> As of kernel-source-2.2.19-7, aacraid support as been added (thanks
> Herbert).
>
> Could you add it for the next build of the boot-floopy so I can test it?
>
> For those interrested, aacraid is a patch to support adaptec raid carte
> used in Dell Poweredge serveur, among others.

Well, there are two issues.

(1) one or more of the the kernel-image-2.2.19-* packages we use must
    include these drivers.  That's up to the maintainer of these
    packages, Herbert Xu.

(2) any devices in the root filesystem that we need must be there.
    Can you check that and see if there are any devices we're not
    supplying which need to be added?