Re: [PCI] building PCI IDs/drivers DB from Linux kernel sources

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001 14:00:28 +0200
"Thierry Laronde" <thierry@cri74.org> wrote:

> And indeed, specifically for debian-installer, we must have a look to
> http://linux-hotplug.sourceforge.net/

Yea, it sounds good, ive installed the hotplug deb and compiled a 2.4.7 kernel with it enabled, but i dont know what to do next.

"cat /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug" just displays /sbin/hotplug

"/etc/hotplug/pci.agent" doesnt display anything.

>From what i can see it gets PCI of local hardware from the kernel (i dont know where or how) and matches it to the PCI id's from /lib/modules/2.4.7/modules.pcimap

Glenn