Re: [debian-installer] Full CDROM install

On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 03:42:45PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Le Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 05:02:17PM -0700, David Kimdon écrivait:
> > > Is it really not usable to detect CDROM and SCSI cards ? Would it
> > > take much to change that ?
> > > [ ccing Dan Helfman about this ]
> >
> > I helped with the patch for libdetect0-udeb and it would be very easy to
> > add (or remove) symbols (there is a variable in ./debian/rules) .  I think
> > libdetect0-udeb isn't the way to go, howver and sent a patch to the BTS
> > (#85638) to make a -pic library so we can do library reduction on
> > libdetect.
>
> BTW, where can I learn more about this library reduction stuff ? I don't
> know much about it. Any pointer to a good doc ?

The libraries stuff was one of the less documented part of compilation.
There is one bool though :

Linkers and Loaders
	by John Levine, Morgan Kaufman

It seems to cover the subject [I will have one this week, so I'll be able in
the near future to say if this is worth or not ;)]
--
Thierry LARONDE, Centre de Ressources Informatiques, Archamps - France
http://www.cri74.org/