Progress with Alpha bootdisks!

Hi,

Today I got a Alpha-root-disk of proper size by doing the following: I
created a very dummy libm (8k in size, just one arbitrary symbol in
it!) and included it on the root-filesystem. By doing this, the size
went from 1.7M to 1416337 bytes! Hooray! To my biggest surprise all
newt-programs on the bootdisk (dbootstrap and nano-tiny) work without
the dynamic linker choking on missing symbols, so libm is really
pretty useless on the root-disk.

Basically this shows that we have to modify mklibs.sh in a way that it
first checks all programs for missing symbols, creates libs with those
and then in a second pass (and maybe third pass in bad cases) adds all
symbols which are yet undefined in the libs. I haven't got time for
this because I have to work for my diploma thesis :(

When testing the install, I encountered a somewhat funny error:

Jul 28 15:56:40 (none) user.err dbootstrap[38]: This is disk 1 of 2 in
the drv14generic series of 24-Jul-2001 13:09 CEST. Wrong disk. This is
from series drv14generic. You need disk 1 of series the driver series.

What is going wrong? The stuff before installing the driver-disks went
all fine!

CU
    Thimo

--