Re: mips bootfloppies/root.tar.gz

Moin!

H.Heinold wrote:
> yesterday I built the root.bin for mips and made an root.tat.gz wie the
> nfsroot.sh. Then set up nfs-server unpacked the root.tar.gz booted the
> kernel Hwith the rootnfs. The installer starts, but then busybox claims
> that it can not determine
> the rootfs. Any suggestions? I know have too look a little bit in busybox
> and look too what the nfsroot.sh really does.

Check utilities/dbootstrap/block_device.c.  dbootstrap is trying to
determine the device that contains the root-fs is but fails.
block_device() is looking for an entry in /dev/ (as well), which may
fail.

This information is required to be able to call an equivalent of
"umount -a" without umounting the root filesystem.

We've just verified that, this is where it fails.  block_device gets
00:06 as st_dev, but converted into a string results in NULL.  I'll
generate a patch which may solve this problem when I'm awake again.

Regards,

	Joey