Re: configuration of base packages

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 10:03:10PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 12:54:24AM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> > (I expect plenty of people will be picking other mailers, and
> > those in the know might be grumbling at debootstrap for insisting on
> > downloading a mailer they immeditaly replace..)
>
> Hrm, actually I turn out not to have a choice.
>
> lilo depends on logrotate
> logrotate depends on mailx
> mailx depends on exim | m-t-a
>
> I don't think I can reasonably not include lilo. :)

why on earth does lilo depend on logrotate anyway?  i vote lilo move
the .b files into /usr/lib/lilo (/lib/lilo?) and copy only what is
needed to boot when the user runs /sbin/lilo.

that would get rid of this ugly rotation nonsense once and for all and
truely eliminate the possiblilty of upgrading lilo breaking your
working bootblock.

even if you keep the rotation stuff you can do that with ln and a
tiny bit of simple shell scripting.  (see yabootconfig for a similar
example)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/