Re: Support for a new language!

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 05:54:05AM -0700, Mturi Elias wrote:
> Dear Sir/madam,
> I'm a computer science student at the University
> of dar es salaam.
> Kiswahili language is currently not supported in your
> GNU/LINUX distributions.
> Some of the people in my country,dont understand
> english language and they want to use computers in
> their daily business activities.
> What i need is to ask for your assistance on how
> kiswahili language can be supported.I'm ready to work
> as volunteer on this task for the benefit of my
> developing country (Tanzania).
> I will highly appriciate your assistance.
> Elias.

I assume the fact that you are sending this message to
debian-boot, in response to comments on debian-www, means that you
want to help with translation of the installation program.  In
order to do this, you need to read the instructions[1] for how to
do so, and possibly the instructions[2] on how to use CVS.

Thanks for helping out.

Matt

1. http://cvs.debian.org/boot-floppies/README-Translators?rev=1.41
2. http://cvs.debian.org/boot-floppies/README-CVS?rev=1.9