Re: configuration of base packages

On Sun, Jun 24, 2001 at 03:38:32PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Ethan Benson wrote:
> > man-db would be a good one, otherwise users never get the opertunity
> > to turn on caching.
>
> Man-db is another one that any sane use of tasksel or dselect will pull
> in automatically, so I don't think debootstrap need bother with
> downloading it.

well, in potato its been quite annoying to tell people to rtfm and
have them say they can't because `bash: man: command not found"  then
again in woody there shouldn't be much of anything the user has to
rtfm about before getting the rest of the system installed... (yaboot
was the problem in potato).

i still tend to think man-db in the initial base makes sense.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/