Re: Revisions for Chapter 2, System Requirements

> Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 11:36:16PM -0700 wrote:
>>
>> Proposed revisions for Chapter 2, System Requirements attached.
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> I took a look at the changes and they look good, my only question is :
>
> Why take the following out?  I think it should stay.

> -There are, however, some limitations in our boot floppy set with
> -respect to supported hardware.  Some Linux-supported platforms might
> -not be directly supported by our boot floppies.  If this is the case,
> -you may have to create a custom rescue disk (see <ref
> -id="rescue-replace-kernel">), or investigate network installations.
> -    <p>
>  Rather than attempting to describe all the different hardware
>  configurations which are supported for &arch-title;, this section
>  contains general information and pointers to where additional

thanks for the feedback.

Sorry, I should have explained; I moved it to the Troubleshooting the Boot
Process section (at the end of rescue-boot right now). It sounded like
something people would be looking for when the regular installation didn't
work.

|  .''`.  | Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org>            |
| : :'  : | debian-imac:    <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net> |
| `. `'`  |      . oo       Chris Tillman                        |
|   `-    |     (   -)      tillman@azstarnet.com                |