Re: base*.tgz is gone, and why it's gone

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 05:09:33PM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> I'm not sure how you can automate that process without haxoring the .debs
> since they can't really have their post insts run. It would be nice if
> there is possible solution, particularly if said solution could run on
> non-Debian unix's..

Hrm? debootstrap works on non-Debian Linux's, at least (I've had one
report of a successful run under Red Hat, eg). It probably works on
non-Debian Unix's that have a Linux-binary-compatibility module of some
sort, modulo some bugs.

It can be used to create a base.tgz, at any rate.

Cheers,
aj