Re: Root disk problems for i18n floppies

Marcin Owsiany <porridge@pandora.info.bielsko.pl> writes:

> So what shall we do? Only support it for the 2.88 ones?

If we have to...

> Othewise we need to find a way to cut some 200 KB (100 + 40 for
> chinese messages + who knows how much for locale definition).

Oy.  The size of the locale part needs to be established ASAP.

Possibly hack it to get the messages file via http if possible (wget),
or use english if not.  That would be *something* anyway.

Another possibility, which I like even worse, is to just supply the
major euro lanugages, say:

 English
 French
 German
 Italian
 Spanish

Then allow downloading of other messages catalogs...

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>