Re: testing with powermac/oldworld (probs in miboot, debootstrap, kernel)

Stephen R Marenka <stephen@marenka.net> writes:

> > run ofpath, read its stdout into a variable, send its stderr to
> > syslog, check its return code, if its != 0 bail.  then strip off the
> > trailing newline from the ofdev variable and strcat a 0 onto it.  then
> > later we call nvsetenv boot-device %s, ofdev
>
> Feel free to jump on it. Maybe it'd be simpler to write a script and
> execute it?
>
> #!/bin/sh
> set -e
> ofdev=`ofpath %s`0, rootdevice 2>&1 | logger -t ofpath
> nvsetenv boot-device $ofdev 2>&1 | logger -t nvsetenv
>
> What do you think?

Yes.  I dont' think dbootstrap utils.c can run a command and capture
the output.  I like Stephen's idea here.  Please add more logger stuff
(do we have logger on root.bin?) to show the commands being run as
well.  As you can see, it's very useful for debugging to see what
actual commands are being run...

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>