testing with powermac/oldworld (probs in miboot, debootstrap, kernel)
booting with 2.3.5 (built from cvs about 48 hrs ago)
vintage 99 or 98 PowerBook g3
booting from miboot floppy
additional floppy for root
the rest done via HTTP
- had to edit the 'system' file on the miboot floppy with ResEdit
to add video=atyfb:vmode:11 for my hardware
Is there any workarund for this? Any way at all to set ker
args differently to cope with video hardware?
- during install base unable to install the 'sid' distribution, due
to this error:
dbootstrap: No such script: /usr/lib/dbootstrap/scripts/sid
- kernel we're using there has some problems, there are
unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.2.19/
- (dbootstrap 0.1.9) emits:
Failure trying to run: dpkg --force-auto-select --forceoverwrite --skip-
This error repeats many times.
- 'make system bootable' (quik variant) failed to actually make the
system bootable from the internal hard disk; I booted right into
I'm going to check in a bit more to all this.
.....Adam Di Carlo....firstname.lastname@example.org.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>