Re: where are uptodate boot disk images for woody

On Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 01:44:05PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 07:44:03PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > Current 2.3.4 i386 boot-floppies for woody testing (qualified testers
> > only please) are available at
> >   http://people.debian.org/~aph/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current/
> > Good luck.  Results to debian-boot or against the boot-floppies (or
> > base-config, or debootstrap, or whatever package) please.
>
> I haven't see any real success or failure reports from these...
>
> Are we at the point where occassional lucky people can actually do woody
> installs yet?

No.  I tried the 2.3.4 set earlier today, and a BusyBox bug
prevented the permissions from being set correctly.  Please see
http://bugs.debian.org/99627 for a description of the problem and
a fix.  We'll need another BusyBox revision.  Erik, may I suggest
that we include the fix to this problem *only* to prevent further
collateral damage?

Also, the af_packet.o module was not included on the compact
floppies root disk, so I still had to use the driver floppies.
And both panes of the timezone configuration form showed the
selections in blue, making it difficult to tell which pane was
focused.  I also noticed some errors during debootstraps run, but
they scrolled by pretty quickly (exim had some kind of problem
opening a logfile, for instance).

I'm currently downloading the 42 megabytes of packages required
to build the boot-floppies over a 14.4k modem, and then I'll start
tracking these down.

Matt