Re: sound card detection in base

On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 07:26:10PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > Regarding whether any package currently exists to help with sound card
> > selection, no idea -- sounds like libdetect is the best chance.
> There's also sndconfig. It may be limited to ISAPNP cards, I am not sure
> from the package's description.

Looks like libdetect0 can probably handle ISA stuff too.

Running detect certainly seems to do some good (at least with pciutils
installed), and seems like it tells you what modules should be used to
let you access the hardware. Something needs to parse that and append to
/etc/modules or something though.

Cheers,
aj