Re: sound card detection in base

Regarding Anthony Towns' attempt to get sound configuration to be an
optional part of the installation process (I think it falls under
base-config or tasksel or whatever, clearly), I applaud this effort.

Even if it's only sucessful for 60% of users, I think it's worthwhile
(so long as it is courteous and apologetic when it fails).

Mind you, obviously, this should not be triggered unless the user asks
for it.

Regarding whether any package currently exists to help with sound card
selection, no idea -- sounds like libdetect is the best chance.

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:
> see shy jo, wondering how anxious deals with X4 anyway

anXious doesn't exist in woody AFAICT.

I think it's now handled by xserver-xfree86 postinst or debconf or
whatever it is that runs there.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>