Re: installation problem

[to Erich]

    http://www.msi-technology.de/download/bios/63xx/K7T%20Pro-Turbo%20v2.7.zip

  is available. If you have problems downloading it, I have put it up as

    ftp://kalle.csb.ki.se/pub/tmp/K7T_Pro-Turbo_v2.7.zip

  I.e. without spaces (there seem to be some problems with netscape and
  their site), but I don't think it will solve your problem.

  According the the manual available at:

    http://www.msi.com.tw/support/manual/6xxx/6330lite/6330litev10a.zip

  there is a ps2 keyboard connector on the motherboard.
  Do you have one to connect ?
  I don't think you can use the usb-keyboard with current boot-floppies (see below).

[to list]

  The other issue is if the boot-floppies should be able to use a
  usb-keyboard.
  According to kernel_source/Documentation/usb/input.txt:

    2. Simple Usage
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      For the most usual configuration, with one USB mouse and one USB keyboard,
    you'll have to load the following modules (or have them built in to the
    kernel):

	    input.o
	    mousedev.o
	    keybdev.o
	    usbcore.o
	    usb-[uo]hci.o
	    hid.o

      After this, the USB keyboard will work straight away, and the USB mouse
    will be available as a character device on major 13, minor 63:

  To be able to use it at boot we will need to compile thoose in, or
  load them without user intervention.

  Keyboard support seems to be built as a module

  $ grep USB_KBD 2.2.25-2001-05-12/kernel-config
  CONFIG_USB_KBD=m

  I don't know what will happen if it is compiled in and you have a
  standard keyboard, but I might be able to test it in the weekend.

Regards,
/Karl

Karl Hammar                    Aspö Data           karl@kalle.csb.ki.se
Lilla Aspö 2340             +46  173 140 57                    Networks
S-742 94 Östhammar         +46  10 270 26 67                  Computers
Sweden                                                       Consulting