Re: [Karl Hammar <karl@kalle.csb.ki.se>] Re: installation problem

Please!  Retain the CC to the debian-boot list.

Erich Mueller <em@gonzales.swb.de> writes:
> But it does not solve the problem at hand. The bios only offers USB chip
> enable or disable and usb keyboard and usb mouse enable disable
> functionality. I did not see any  legacy keyboard mentioned anywhere in
> the menues.

What is this model machine again?

>  The keyboard actually doas work for the initial selection and help with
> the functionkeys. No problem to do input at the first prompt when it asks
> for selectors and boot parameters.

Hmm, ok, this is the syslinux stuff.

> The machine then proceeds with the boot
> process  and some line come up stating no AT keyboard, keyboard timeout.
> Then the boot continues until the first screen of acknowledgements
> comes up and there it hangs waiting for input to continue past that
> screen.

If you press ctrl-s while the kernel is booting (that's for pause),
does the scrolling stop?  FYI, you can stop pausing with ctrl-q.

I'm trying to figure out if it's a kernel issue or what...

> Seems like there is no curernt solution available for this. I have
> another night at work and when I will have restored my mental
> capabilities I will take the disk out of the machine and install on
> another machine. (probably not before next weekend)

Well, please stick around for testing.  Keep an eye on the changelogs.

Have you searched the web for others with this problem?

There must be a way we can work around this... I suspect a kernel
argument might do the trick, if not a hidden BIOS setting...

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>