Re: Systems with no floppy

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 03:39:37PM +0200, J.A. Bezemer wrote:

> I suspect that booting off a Zip disk is more like booting off a floppy than
> booting off a CD, which means that this probably is a debian-boot issue;
> forwarding it there.

using the same method as the bootable CDROMs will make a bootable zip
disk, however it must be done from GNU/Linux and the zip disk must
never be mounted in MacOS or else MacOS will render it unbootable.

one can always boot the bootloader (yaboot) manually as described many
times in the debian-powerpc archives.