Re: debootstrap/b-f interaction -- quieten

I filed two bugs for packages that need dummy files created in order to install
under debootstrap (exim and glibc) :

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no&bug=98763
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no&bug=98764

I think the lilo warning isn't necessary anymore so I didn't bug lilo.  Maybe
this means I should file a bug on debootstrap.

This is why I think the lilo.conf touch isn't needed anymore:

# ls /etc/lilo.conf
ls: /etc/lilo.conf: No such file or directory
# dpkg -r lilo
(Reading database ... 29574 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing lilo ...
# apt-get install lilo
Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
  lilo
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 29  not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/144kB of archives. After unpacking 273kB will be used.
Selecting previously deselected package lilo.
(Reading database ... 29547 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking lilo (from .../lilo_1%3a21.7.5-0_i386.deb) ...
Setting up lilo (21.7.5-0) ...
Running /usr/sbin/liloconfig

LILO, the LInux LOader, sets up your system to boot Linux directly
from your hard disk, without the need for a boot floppy.

Hmm. I think you're configuring the base filesystem, and I'm therefore
simply going to exit successfully without trying to actually configure
LILO properly. If you're not doing that, this is an important bug
gainst Debian's lilo package, and should be reported as such...

Rotating files /boot/*.preserve to avoid breakage on upgrade

#