dhcp-client

I'm working on boot-floppies for hppa.  I do an install, tell it I
don't want to use dhcp, and enter the static IP address details.

When I reboot the system starts up dhcp-client anyway, and
/etc/init.d/networking isn't run at all.  eth0 is up, lo is not.
To sort things out I have to --purge dhcp-client, dpkg-reconfigure netbase,
and add 'auto lo', 'auto eth0' to /etc/network/interfaces.

When I tried a dhcp configured install a few days ago the system
didn't run dhcp-client on reboot.

Richard