[level implementation] dpkg question

Hello,

I'm working on a script implementation of the level hierarchy I have
explained in a previous thread. I have worked on a new package format but in
order not to break what doesn't need to be broken, I'm trying to reuse the
format of the available file. But I need some extensions.

So the question.

At your knowledge, will dpkg or other tools parsing the available file
complain if there are supplementary fields in this file? like:

Level:
Fqpn:

and so on ?

TIA
--
Thierry LARONDE, Centre de Ressources Informatiques, Archamps - France
http://www.cri74.org/