Re: APUS Debian Boot-Floppies Images and bugs

Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

On Tue, 15 May 2001, Sven LUTHER wrote:

On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 11:11:38AM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

On Tue, 15 May 2001, Sven LUTHER wrote:
You cannot boot from 1.4 MB floppies, only from 880 kB or 1760 kB floppies.

Well, ok no problem, just make a tarball that can be copied to 1760Kb
floppies, it is even better, since we have more place for stuff.

I don't think we can ever fit a kernel and amiboot in 880kb, could we ?

My 2.4.4 zImage is only 458036 bytes long. I have lots of modules, but it could
work. I remember I once did.

Can we use modules for the install on APUS? Our strategy has been to include all possible hardware into the kernel.