Re: woody release task needs help: package priorities

Bastian Blank wrote:

> On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 03:46:13AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> >   ae            not used as basic editor anymore, everyone seems to hate it
>
> what do you think to include as basic editor? vim? and elvis-tiny for
> boot-floopies?

The editor for boot floppies doesnt have to be very complex, probably
only be used to edit a config file.

busybox has a nice tiny vi editor that adds between 12 - 22kB to
busybox, doesnt depend on any graphics libraries, and should work on all
arch's, that could easily be used for boot floppies, but still vi isnt
very useable to newbies.

nano is very friendly and would be a good choice i think

Or if we manged to scrounge some extra space we could go all out and
include both, nano-tiny for newbies, vi for experts... that might be
tough though.

Glenn