Re: woody release task needs help: package priorities

* Bastian Blank

| On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 03:46:13AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
| >   ae            not used as basic editor anymore, everyone seems to hate it
|
| what do you think to include as basic editor? vim? and elvis-tiny for
| boot-floopies?

nano-tiny

This has been decided alreay, please let's not go over that debate
again.

| >   dpkg-ftp      obsolete
| >   rcs           few use it
|
| replace it with cvs

Have both, imho.

| >   lpr           not very secure for baseline, poss use lprng?
|
| why a print daemon? most user doesn't need such service
| if it is necesary, why not use cups as standard?

CUPS breaks every second release, I've heard, and even the maintainer
didn't want to have it as the standard print system last time the
argument was raised.  IIRC, non-ECC memory.

| >   talk          rather obsolete, but debatable
| >   talkd         not very secure for baseline

I want those.  They are very useful, and afaik, there are no security
problems with talkd.

| iamerican,ibritish            hmm

No way.  Lots of users are non-American and non-British and don't care
for this.

| wenglish                      I think it is only usefull with dict

ITYM ispell.

--

Tollef Fog Heen
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.