Re: Debian installer not recognizing high-numbered HD?

On 24 Mar 2001, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> Package: boot-floppies
> Version: 2.2.21
>
> I-Gene Leong <mrp@pwrsrc.net> writes:

> > > I thought I fixed this!  Can you try the images at
> > > http://people.debian.org/~aph/current/ ?
> >
> > Just did... same thing, I only see hde. Mounted /dev/hdg1 and /dev/hdg3
> > from the console without a problem.
>
> Ok, this mail is a bug report.  To summarize, the devices are there, you
> can mount or format or whatever /dev/hdg[13] properly, but dbootstrap
> does not present /dev/hdg for formatting or anything.
>
> Right?

Yes, that's correct. I got ahold of the source to boot-floppies (didn't
know the package name initially) so I'll see if I can spot anything.

--
I-Gene Leong (Mr.P, zqfmbg, DTC, etc...) --------------- http://pwrsrc.net
mrp@pwrsrc.net / ileong@interchange.ubc.ca -------- 1859104, DTConvolution