Re: installing core udebs

Glenn McGrath wrote:

> 1) mount procfs under /proc
> 2) mount shm under /dev/shm, (if we use devfs this is done
> automatically)
> 3) load any kernel modules found in the initrd filesystem
> 4) mount the filesystem of the boot medium (e.g. /dev/fd0)
> 5) search for, unpack and insert any core kernel_module*.udebs found
> here.
> 6) scan /proc for a list of storage devices
> 7) try and automount detected storage device partitions
> 8) create swap file or swap partition and use it. //PROBLEM, lowmem
> machines a) with no existing partitions and only one drive, or b) with
> partitions but no space will have problems past this point
> 9) search mountable partitions for *udebs
> 10) install found udebs under /dev/shm
> 11) pivot_root to /dev/shm
> 12) finish initrc and continue with a normal busybox init based in
> /dev/shm.

Im currently in between step 9 and 10.

I have a busybox dpkg-scanpackages applet that is mostly working, it
searches a given directory for .udebs and reads the control file
directly from the package (without extracting it to the filesystem),
currently it just populates the dpkg struct (the one in udpkg).

Now i just have to hook in the dpkg struct data into the bb dpkg applet
(thats based on udpkg), then i can install the required packages....

hmm.. Will core udebs be marked as required or essential in the control
file ?

Glenn