Re: newbie tester

At 0:08 -0600 2/21/01, ktb wrote:
>I sent this to debian-testing and was sent to this list there was
>also another individual on d-testing that was looking for the same
>info -
>
>I saw Anthony Towns' email calling for volunteers to test woody
>boot-floppies on linuxtoday.  I read debian FAQ 12 and sifted though
>some of the archives in debian-testing but don't see any documentation
>on how to get started.  Is there a special place from which to download
>the boot images or just use the closest public mirror?  If bugs are
>found do you send to the bug tracking system or is there another venue?
>Basically I need some information on how to get started.  Are there any
>docs regarding this process?
>Thanks,
>kent

Hope you already some exprience with Debian
and it's installation procedure.

Install the debian package 'boot-floppies' and the packages on which it relies.
Read the document /usr/share/doc/boot-floppies/README

mir:/usr/share/doc
$ cd boot-floppies/
mir:/usr/share/doc/boot-floppies
$ ls
README  changelog.gz  copyright
mir:/usr/share/doc/boot-floppies
$ less README
This package allows you to create a Debian installation system on
floppy disk or other media, for bootstrapping Debian onto a new
system. Most users will simply download the disk images to do this, so
the boot-floppies package will generally only be used by advanced
Debian maintainers.

When not building, but just testing, you can get ready images at
 http://people.debian.org/~aph/current/

Groet Geert Stappers
Hit the right key to continue