Request for addition: USB mass storage support

Hello,

*note* Please cc me - not on the mailing list

My notebook uses a USB Floppy drive and a 3rd party
(non-bootable) CD-ROM drive; I am not sure about the
state of the boot floppies in CVS but the ones from
Potato (well, Woody unofficial CDs but they seem
nearly identical to Potato's) differ from boot disks
from Red Hat etc. in having a mandatory root disk. Of
course in my case it doesn't work out since by then
the floppy is not available anymore.

Been thinking about rolling out a custom boot disk
based on kernel 2.4.1 but probably more trouble than
it's worth, so for now I'll just try Progeny Beta3's
installer. Will be great if this is resolved for Woody
though - either by removing the requirements for the
root disk or by making a custom rescue disk for
systems with USB floppies.

Regards,

Michel Salim