Re: d-i floppy image?

David Whedon wrote:
> I've been using altered makefiles for a while trying to make the dev stuff
> cleaner. So I don't know how well the checked in stuff actually works.  Joey and
> Erik discussed some modifications to the boot process yesterday.  Making that
> plan work is probably the best use of resources.

So, I modify them minimally to get the boot floppy running and submit the
patch how 'bout that?

> > Is this the only missing thing or are there others to take care for
> > a successful boot from floppy? I must have this because otherwise
> > I can't develop/test partitioning stuff.
> >
> I'm not completely sure what is going on but it isn't entirely true that you
> need a bootable floppy to test.  You can test in a chroot, do a 'make demo' in
> build/.  In some ways less conviennent, in some ways more, because you don't
> have to wait for the floppy to load.

What about nfsroot? It would be very convenient for me to use the other
box like that. I could write a target for that and we would have btw
started work on real network installation. What do you think?

Thanks,

--
Eray (exa) Ozkural
e-mail: erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr