Re: d-i floppy image?

David Whedon wrote:

> As long as it has been booting we've been seeing wierd things where it boots for
> me and not Joey, and vice versa.  Part of this is due to the fact that the code
> is still in a state of flux and we always have to have at least a few local
> udebs.  Something I'd look into is the creation of /dev/*.  But don't look into
> it too much as tonight I hope to commit versions of build and rootskel that
> create /dev/* on boot as Eric Andersen suggested.

Yeah, not too many special nodes in /dev. I remember discussions about
creating devices.

orion:tree$ ls dev
console  hda  hdc  kmem  null  ram0  tty1  tty3
fd0      hdb  hdd  mem   ram   tty0  tty2  tty4

obviously /dev/initrd is missing.

In this floppy image build I used a modutils udeb which was the only local
package. I'd assumed that all devices were sanely there for the init to boot.

Is this the only missing thing or are there others to take care for
a successful boot from floppy? I must have this because otherwise
I can't develop/test partitioning stuff.

Thanks,

--
Eray (exa) Ozkural
e-mail: erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr