instalation stops after root.bin

hello
  i have downloaded debian(potato) from the web. i have a pentium 1 with 16mbs RAM. i have made flopies from images(rescue & root). i booted my computer with the rescue floppy and started the installation. after a while the installation asks for the root.bin floppy. i did that and after that the installation stops although the cursor at the last line keeps blinking. below is a summary of what happens after installation begins.

 start of installation
(some messages flash by...)
(i think that the foll messages may be important so i have inc them)
no micro chanel bus present aborting!
no MCA kernel support or not enabled
(some more messages...)
next the installation prompts for the root.bin
after i put in the root.bin floppy the follwing messages appear

unable to handle kernel null at virtual address( ...)
Oops:000
CPU:0
EIP:0010 [<some number>]
EPFLAGS:00010206
eax epx (etc and some numbers)

stack: (a lot of numbers in a table format)

code:66 8b 0c (and some more numbers and letters...)

above is the last line, after that the installation stops nothing happens for a long time, after which i have to reboot.

i don't think it is floppy problem as ihave already changed the floppy twice. on both occasions the same thing happens.

i want to make my computer a dual-bootable as i already run win98.
i am also going to upgrade my computer by puuting in a AMD thunderbird processor. do u think it is better than a pentium?

hope to hear from u people soon

                 bye
snehal samant

Brought to you by Ananzi Mail